The Palestinian Market Development Programme (PMDP), is funded by UK Department for International Development (DFID) and the European Union (EU) in-cooperation with the Ministry of National Economy and implemented by DAI Europe over a period of five years, with offices in Ramallah and Gaza. The programme has been designed to improve market systems and improve the competitiveness of the Palestinian private sector. PMDP aims to improve private sector competitiveness through technical assistance and matching grants. Additionally, PMDP will work on strengthening trade and investment linkages as well as linkages with the Palestinian Diaspora to play an active role in economic development in the OPTs.
We are currently seeking to hire interns to provide support to the programme operations. The intern will work with PMDP’s Monitoring team. Duties during the internship will mainly be as follows:
- Conducting data entry for the annual surveys on excel and TAMIS.
- Entering the data of Annual Survey of previous years on TAMIS to enhance archiving and data comparability.
- Calling firms to verify contact information.
- Following up with firms to address incomplete surveys or missing information.
- Referring firms’ questions to Business Development Advisors (BDAs) or M&E team.
- Conducting visit to some firms to fill the survey in person.
- Conducting other related tasks to the Annual Survey as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
The intern should have a recent university degree in Sociology, Statistics or any related field or any related field, strong analytical skills, excellent English language, proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and strong communication skills.
Each intern will be contracted for a period of up to three months. They will be expected to work five days a week with a total of forty hours per week. The project will pay 300$ per month for each Intern.
Interested Candidates in participation should be submitted their resume and cover letter to