Hebron University has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) -Education to Work Transition Project - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: Development and Improvement of Agricultural Practical Courses. This project aims to train about 270 students to become skilled, innovative agricultural engineers through improving the practical-training portions of the Faculty of Agriculture’s BSc courses. The project focuses on networking with the private sector to sustain a continuous updating of the curriculum and infrastructure of the program and keep it current to the contemporary needs. Accordingly, Hebron University seeks the selection and hiring of a Curriculum Development Consultants– specialized in Animal Production & Protection.
Hebron University is now considering the selection of a professional and qualified expert consultant to be part of the consultation team, who will assess the current curriculum of the Animal Production & Protection Practical Courses. Also to provide a comprehensive new curriculum that is based-on the need of the local and regional market and private sector, and aims at upgrading the skills of the students and qualifying them to meet the need of the market, thus, increasing the graduates’ chances of employment.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Curriculum Development Consultant willbe responsible for the following tasks:
- Review and revise the current curriculum of the Animal Production & Protection Practical Courses at Hebron University. Including courses, credit hours and prerequisites.
- Review similar curriculum of similar programs at universities in the region.
- Identify in depth strengthens and weaknesses of the current curriculum based on the revision mentioned above.
- Develop and improve of the current Animal Production & Protection Practical Courses curriculums.
- Review the existing facilities, equipment and software of the targeted programs and review the list of equipment to be procured.
- Based on the above, provide an updated curriculum for the Development and Improvement of Animal Production & Protection Practical Courses at Hebron University, in accordance to the above-mentioned reviews and feedbacks from faculty of Agriculture at Hebron University and partners of the project.
- Train Hebron University staff on the approved modified curriculum using new teaching techniques.
- Responsible of modifying the developed courses after being tested based on students’ and staff feedback.
Draft Report to be submitted within 4 weeks of signing the agreement that includes the following:
- The areas to be upgraded and the needed improvements.
- A list of equipment needed for Animal Production & Protection Practical Courses to fit the updates & improvements.
- First and final drafts of revised modified and updated curriculum for the Animal Production & ProtectionPractical Courses including syllabuses, outlines, objectives and ILOs, full course description and teaching methodologies and resources of a minimum of fifteen (15) core courses based on the needs and requirements of the labor market.
- Training Materials for the TOT.
- Conducting at least three training sessions (around 9 training hours) to the academic staff on the developed courses.
- Final Comprehensive Report documenting the whole conducted activities including but not limited to: implemented activities, results, findings, recommendations, proposed actions, current needs and lessons learnt.
- At least PhD from an accredited university in Animal Production & Protection studies or any other related field.
- Experience in conducting at least two similar assignment of reviewing and developing academic programs and curriculums.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in academic teaching.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
Contract Period: June-August 2015
The level of effort: This consultation service is estimated as 40 working days.
The deadline of reciving applications is 13-6-2015
يجب تقديم السيرة الذاتية ورسالة الاهتمام على البريد الالكتروني
عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.