Maastricht School of Management (MSM) has been awarded a multi-year capacity building project in the area of Food and Agribusiness and Rural Development in the Palestinian Territories. Palestinian partners are Al-Quds University, An-Najah National University, Palestine Technical University/Khadoorie, and Hebron University. Over a period of four years, MSM together with the Areas Group of agricultural education institutes in the Netherlands, and the Federation of Palestinian Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture will focus on curriculum development and training of faculty, on research, and on strengthening the interaction within the sector. The project is funded by the Netherlands government, Nuffic. A distinguishing feature of the project is its strong business orientation. Linkages between the university faculty and students with Palestinian and Dutch businesses will be facilitated, among others operationalized in the set-up of an Entrepreneurship Centre, innovating entrepreneurship education, and the initiation of an Entrepreneurship development fund.
MSM are looking for a qualified candidate to fulfil a “project Administrative Assistant” on part-time basis to be based at Hebron University.
The Project Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative assistance in general project implementation and management and day-to-day liaison with counterparts. He/She will provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to Hebron University Steering Committee Member, including drafting correspondence, taking of minutes, making travel arrangements and related tasks. The Project Administrative Assistant carries out his/her functions under Hebron University Steering Committee Member in full cooperation with the Palestinian and Dutch project management.
- Assist in following up with students;
- Facilitate the engagement of the international consortium staff;
- Feed the project website with the updated information and news;
- Follow up procurement of the equipment;
- Receive and distribute correspondences;
- Manage monthly schedule and liaises to coordinate visits and meetings;
- Organize internal and external events;
- Assist in preparing meetings, workshops and activities;
- Preparing letters, documents, and archiving;
- Organizing meetings and appointments with ministries, Government agencies, associations and chambers as well as with the private sector;
- Maintain communications and good relations with colleagues from local universities;
- Translating documents as requested;
- Preparing minutes of meetings;
- Manage the project related to social media;
- Assist in monitoring the progress of activities;
- Assist in any other related task;
- University degree BA in Business Administration, or any related field;
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience;
- Work experience in the (higher) education sector would be an asset;
- Strongly service-focussed, friendly personality well organized and highly motivated;
- Fluent in English (oral and written);
- Excellent computer skills, MS Office (Word, Excel, Publisher…etc);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge;
- Willingness to visit local universities, private and public institutes.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, and friendly personality.
- Starting as soon as possible, no later than (15th of January, 2018). 12 months contract with possible extension.
- MSM and Hebron University are an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
- Duty Station: Hebron University
- Working Language: English, and Arabic
- Type of Position: Part time (24 Hours per week)
- Deadline of the application: Thursday, January 4th, 2018.
- Please Send Your CV and a Cover Letter to: Public Relations Department (عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته. )
- Please make sure to mention the position name in the subject, no later than Thursday, January 4th 2018. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.