Faculty of Nursing
The Faculty was established in September 1998. Students are granted a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Sciences (BSN) upon successfully completing 139 credit hours over 4 academic years, as well as a 300- clinical hours of internship.
The Faculty limits the number of enrolled students to 20-25 students every year, in proportion to the faculty members and the facilities available for practical training. There are currently 118 students enrolled in the College.
Clinical training in the College starts at the beginning of the second academic year. The students first practice their nursing skills in the Faculty’s labs on campus. After acquiring some proficiency, they go on to health institutions to use their new knowledge in a real-life setting. The Faculty coordinates these activities with the Ministry of Health and the administration of the hospitals.
Since its establishment, 105 students have graduated from the Nursing Faculty. The first group graduated in 2002. These graduates work in different areas of the health sectors, in both private and public institutions. Some of the graduates continue their training in specialized courses inside Palestine and abroad.
- Providing a distinguished program in nursing theory and practice.
- To graduate well-qualified nurses to fulfil the current and the future health needs of the Palestinian society.
- Improving understanding of the requirements for a healthy life and the prevention of disease in Palestinian society.
- Providing the administrative nursing professionals with good practical experience and decision-making capabilities to meet the health needs of Palestinians.
- Strengthening cooperation between different parts of the health sector.
- Conducting research to solve the social, administrative and technical problems encountered in the nursing field.