Hebron University has received a Grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) – Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: "Improving the Quality of Education Programs for Higher Basic Stage – Social Sciences Major”. The Grant aims at developing the social science teacher preparation programs for the higher education basic level (Grades 5-10) at Hebron University, An-Najah University, Bethlehem University, and Al Quds University to better comply with the requirements of the Teacher Education Strategy.
Hebron University is considering the selection of highly qualified Trainers to assist in planning and delivery of capacity-building modules for education faculty that offer social science courses at Palestinian Tertiary Education. The Trainings will be delivered under the supervision of the Project Director and the Project Steering Committee in the following area:
Training Schoolteachers of Social Science on some educational issues that fit with their ad-hoc needs in the field of teaching methods or any related topics linked to the teaching of Social Science
In conducting the training, a special attention should be given to the requirements of section 2.3 of the Teacher Education Strategy and in particular to the standards that constrain the curriculum for teacher education programs identified in section 2.32 and the methods of teaching and learning at teacher education programs identified in section 2.33.
Detailed description of responsibilities
- Visits to the Education Directorates Offices at Hebron and Bethlehem areas and carry out focus groups with the supervisors of Social Science in order to determine the topics of training that they feel important for schoolteachers (one focus group at each directorate).
- Carry out three training sessions 8 hours each at Hebron University Campus link to the selected topics
- The consultant with cooperation with International Partner will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Plan Modules for the capacity building program and ensure their relevance to Palestinian needs
- Prepare and review training materials
- Decide on methods of presentations
- Design impact evaluation framework and tools
- Present and discuss the skills and the components of the training area in the light of contexts and international criteria
- Produce a well written document on the skills needed
- Prepare documents on the vision, purposes, and content of the pre-service teaching practice
- Conduct 24 Training Hours.
- Write recommendations in accordance with the suggested guidelines included in the teachers’ training plan that was approved by the ministry in 2009.
- An updated action plan covering for 10 days
- Training module and materials
- Monitoring & Evaluation of the training program
- 24 training hours, 1 training day each training topic
- Final report with recommendation
Qualifications & Skills:
Hebron University seeks a consultant with the minimum following qualifications:
- Familiar with the Palestinian education system and the Teacher Education Strategy in Palestine
- Minimum a Master degree in the field of Education.
- Specialized in any Branch of Education, preference for Methods of Teaching.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience on teachers training
- Experience with different training methodologies
- Good communication and writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Excellent Computer skills
- The consultant cannot be on the Palestinian Hebron University payroll
Time Frame: September 2012 / 10 Working Days.
Contract Type: Lump Sum contract